Sunday 24 March 2013

At The Mountains of (Lead) Madness.....


Insanity rules throughout Lovecraftian (and other) tales of the Cthulhu mythos so I thought I would let you enter my own fevered mind......in the shape of the many WIPs on my workplace and the cluttered hobby areas I inhabit.....









These 2 pics are of a late 70s vignette entitled something along the lines of 'Incident at Simga 9' or similar......I think it's a Tony Ackland sculpt but can't find a reference (although I have seen it possibly in an old Military Modelling)



A Sanderson Wizard with cowering wench I picked up at the same time... 


 I also traded some minis for these Tony Yates sculpts....yet to identify the range, they all have FA underneath base followed by digits. I'm guessing an old company called Plastiform but more research is needed....






Another complete unknown picked up in the same trade......

 
Thanks to Marcus Ansell at Wargames Foundry I am the proud owner of these Citadel 'Ferocious Fishmen' all converted way back when for playtesting the original Warhammer 40K, then affectionately known as 'Rogue Trader'


These are my original fantasy versions bought when they were first released (although back row, left, appeared at some point in the last few years) Citadel FF65 Ferocious Man-Fish...check out the Collecting Citadel Miniatures WIKI here.


Comparison shots for those interested.....

  

A Westwind Productions evil Nazi doctor and his genetic playthings (GDOOM03 Clone Tanks)......lots of fun!


No comments: