Friday 8 November 2013

Valley of the Four Winds.......part 2.....35 years on.....plus Goblinaid


Having sorted out some of my Minifigs VFW boxes I thought it about time to carry on with a paint job started 35 years or so ago... VFW Lord of the Swamps on litter... although at the moment he looks a little like a bikini clad something or another... hopefully this will change...


The litter is a bit of a swine to keep together...all those years of storage have not been kind... I wanted to drill out the poles and replace them with steel wire but don't have a long enough drill bit to hand... the thought of attempting to go through our understairs cupboard for my DIY mini drills was too much to bear... I superglued a couple of end pieces at the front which will need some filling. Once I put the Swamp Lord in place (I did drill out his supports) I will need to play around with more putty to get it right. Or not... In the centre of the base is an old Citadel frog (hidden here by my clever photography) and hope to give him a poison dart frog paint job.


I am also after these pixies from the VFW range... please email me if you have them to trade/sell/donate etc... enquiries@deartonyblair.co.uk




Last but definitely not least, a WIP of the Goblinaid flyer...


4 comments:

Springinsfeld said...

Lovely swamp lord there. I like the colour scheme (been out in the sun too long). Mine are a muddy brown which is a bit boring and predictable. I have a big box of VFW figures and there may be some duplicate pixies in there...I'll have a look time allowing.

David Wood said...

Thanks, I have trades of all sorts. I'm also missing VFW 4 (one with sword raised) and 5. I just spent a quiet evening in my room carrying on with the litter whilst my eldest had her 18th party downstairs......quiet because these fire proof doors are very good sound insulators!

Springinsfeld said...

Hi David,I've just emailed you about the pixies. You are in the safest place , locked in a soundproof room, but on hand in case of emergency. A friend of mine made the mistake of going away for the weekend. The party was gatecrashed, house trashed and worst of all, a whole heap of figures were chucked about and lost. That was 7 years ago and I understand he has only just started talking to his daughter recently.

David Wood said...

Jeez.....that was part of my paranoia.....garden 'lawn' is partly ruined....son's doorknob wrenched off (I took the centre piece out so no-one could go in) but, apart from being very tired, I think we escaped lightly....although I am still tidying now!