Saturday 9 July 2016

Box of Dragontooth minis.......


Sitting at my mum's (if you remember, she had a stroke back in March) so just the laptop here. Yesterday, back at home, I opened up a box of Dragontooth minis looking for one particular figure to photograph for a friend......of course the mini wasn't there but I thought I'd take a pic anyway......so many bits missing which are hopefully in one of 2 other boxes........Big Meg needs adding to the painting table I think...she certainly deserves to be finished. So much lead, so little time......


Didn't want it to be a lonely post so thought I'd add the 1979 DragonTooth  catalogue.....not sure if Tom Loback was meaning it to be two words or just capitals on the emphasis.....









I'm still searching for the Winged Cat, the Reptilian Dragon, Loki, Thor and Kali amongst others so think of me if you find a stash of them! I'll finish off the post with a pic of the sorely missed Tom himself. In the short time I was in contact with him he came across as a good man and I know he has left a multitude of empty hearts behind.



1 comment:

Springinsfeld said...

This is what old school minis are all about...completely whacky designs that don't appear to relate to each other, but would look great in any army. That bolt thrower is to die for, and the Elf? riders EM1 are classic Rodney Matthews style. Some of those illustrations look quite John Blanche.