Tuesday 31 January 2017

Dragontooth GI-6 Big Meg and Her Stewpot


Mick Leach over on the Facebook Old School Miniatures Group put a challenge up to drag something out of the depths of your collection and finish it.....I chose Meg as she's been sitting there for at least 10 years. Reactions to her have been occasionally 'interesting' to say the least. One of Tom Loback's more gruesome sculpts although, for me, she is beautiful. I still need to take some decent pics but here she is along with the work in progress shots.....


Just noticed in this old pic of Tom that she is sitting there just above the gas burner to the right...


She had sat like this for some time since adding her to a large Games Workshop monster base....I'd undercoated in the red leather and started on a too-light skin tone...







Her rear has since been 'suitably dirtied' although the thought of looking on the internet for example images stopped me before I pressed search.....



The rear has been cleaned up a little since....I also decided to tone down her 'nipples and lips'


A few relevant pics from a previous post......






I believe this to be the photo used for the advertising copy above. Need to take a decent pic of it.


That's all for now...please check my Dragontooth wants tab on the top in case you can help my addiction.....

More Dragontooth giant pics on the Lost Minis WIKI and more blog related posts here.


3 comments:

Nergling said...

Great! I've not seen those promotional posters before, they are quite inspiring!

TopKat said...

Lovely work, David. Reminds me that I have a half-finished Polyphemos on the workbench...

David Wood said...

Just realised that I have one as well.....half painted as is yours...the race is on!